Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Happy Surprise!

I suffered from a headache all day today, and after I realized that pretending to sleep was not going to make it go away, I went to go play in my studio.  I love my Scrappy HeART journal because some of the pages are very small and not as overwhelming.  I decided to paint a small page purple with my new cheapie water colors.  Then I took a stencil and sprayed Color Mists on the page.  After I removed the stencil and dabbed it with a paper towel, this is what remained...
Yummy...it actually took on the look of batik.  Boy, was I completely surprised and extremely happy with the results.  This is what I did with the page once I stopped staring at it in awe...
I kept the page simple because I really love the background.. .I almost didn't art on it at all!  See, sometimes you just have to PLAY!

4 comments:

peggy gatto said...

Great idea!!!!

Joanne Huffman said...

It's a lovely rich page - with a very good mwssage.

Beansieleigh said...

Love this, and I actually just ordered my FIRST Adirondak colorwash sprays. I only could afford a couple for the moment, but they should be arriving any day now, and I can't wait to try them!.. Have a great day! ~tina

roc said...

you are right...sometimes playing is just what the doctor ordered!