I would have journaled sooner, but we had a Nor'easter on Oct. 28th that took out power in most of CT. We went for 7 days without it. Now, it wouldn't have been so bad if we were on city water and natural gas. But nooooooooooooo! We have a well and septic (which run on electric) and an electric stove. And it got COLD. However, we did fair better than most: we had a generator which allowed us to run our pellet stove for heat, hook up our fridge and our freezer, and most importantly, run the TV and DVD player.
My studio is in the basement and there is no natural light down there. I spent the week making jewelry and will post that as soon as I can.
Here is my ode to the storm: