Friday, November 11, 2011

Light

I would have journaled sooner, but we had a Nor'easter on Oct. 28th that took out power in most of CT.  We went for 7 days without it.  Now, it wouldn't have been so bad if we were on city water and natural gas.  But nooooooooooooo!  We have a well and septic (which run on electric) and an electric stove.  And it got COLD.  However, we did fair better than most:  we had a generator which allowed us to run our pellet stove for heat, hook up our fridge and our freezer, and most importantly, run the TV and DVD player.

My studio is in the basement and there is no natural light down there.  I spent the week making jewelry and will post that as soon as I can.

Here is my ode to the storm:
Stay warm, peeps!

2 comments:

Joanne Huffman said...

I don't know how you all could stand it. The longest I've ever gone without power is 3 days and that seemed like real deprivation at the time. I like your journal page and look forward to seeing your jewelry.

Beansieleigh said...

Oh my gosh... WHY do we pay more and more and more for our power bills, and yet wait longer and longer and longer for the Power Co. employees to do THEIR JOBS?!! I have NEVER seen such long waits, so often until just the last few years! Glad to see things are up and running again for you! Enjoy your weekend! ~tina