Sunday, July 17, 2011

I was gone for a couple of days...


I spent a GLORIOUS day boating on Lake George (NY).  Gary rented a 20 foot speed boat that MOI got to drive.  We rented water skis, a wake board and a humungous tube and spent 8 awesome hours in 82 degree, extremely low humidity sunshine.  Of course we had 2 of the 3 boys with us.  But it was still amazing!
view of Lake George steamboat ride
My studio was calling to me this morning.  I am now challenging myself to use up all the CRAP that I own and/or have on my work table.  Well, it's not really a challenge because there is so much stuff sitting on top of and on the floor surrounding my workspace that it's easy to find things to play with.  I don't want to spend any money on supplies.  However, I did find that the new Sharpie PENS (not paints or the markers as we know them) write BeAuTiFuLlY on ANY SURFACE!!!!!

green
I bought a three pack of black and a pack that had one of each of orange, green, purple.  And I didn't actually use real money.  I got them at Staples using my ink cartridge recycle check.  Here's what I created:

Let's see...I used beach blue spray mist, acrylic paints, gesso, more acrylic paints, stencils, glue caps for small outline of circle, Staz-On inks, my lovely Sharpie Pen, painted papers...I think that's everything.  I'll journal on it later today...

Ta-da!!!







1 comment:

Joanne Huffman said...

Glad you had a great day at the Lake. Your page looks great. I'm going to have to look for sharpie pens.