Saturday, July 17, 2010

Altered Envelope Chunky Swap


These pieces are made from legal sized envelopes that have been cut in half and arted (is arted a word?). They will be made into a chunky book when I'm finished swapping them out. I'm making 8; I'll keep 2 for myself. The theme is wings and each front and back must have a wing, text and a number on it.

Front with insert enclosed

Back with insert enclosed (I've added to it since this scan)
Front with insert removed


Envelope #2...front; back; front with insert removed...


Easy to make but VERY, VERY time consuming. I cut all the envelopes and covered them the first day. Gave myself the canvas in which to work on. I think it works better this way.

2 comments:

Joanne Huffman said...

what a great idea! I like the palette and imagery.

.Trudi Sissons said...

These are gorgeous Sandee - and I love how you've used Nancy's and Marsha's images plus the little ribbons onthe tags!!!