Sunday, February 28, 2010

What a day!

What a fun day I had today!!! I decided to try something new for a change. Remember the House tags that I made for a swap? Well, the participants are also required to make a book for them to be "housed" in (heh, heh...a little humor there...)

I decided to try a deli paper technique that can be found on Marilyn Rock's blog. This is so easy and the results are so much fun to play with. After the paper dried, I cut it into pieces and glued them onto a 12" x 12" piece of card stock (front and back). This was to become my tag book and you can find the directions here on Paper Craft Planet

Making the book was a bit of a challenge because the paper was a little too thick. I did it anyway, learning from my "experimentation" along the way. I'm happy with the way it came out, however, I'll have to make something else with the deli paper next time.

Front cover...

and inside pages. I'm not finished embellishing them yet


I'll also add fibers to the book. I'm just mullinng it around in my head as to how I want to do this...

4 comments:

umama said...

That's gorgeous!

roc said...

omg...i LOVE it!!!!!!!! i'm going to have to try this. but i'll learn from you experience and i'll use a thinner piece of cardstock! i love those tabs with the buttons!!

WW said...

Book came out great. Love those little clips!

Astrid Maclean said...

14Only just joined Amusing Muses and this swap. I found your post so had to check it out. This is absolutely awsome!! Never even thought of embellishing the inside pages, such a good idea!