Tuesday, November 04, 2008

What do you see when you close your eyes?

There are themes that are easy and then there are themes that wreck havoc with my muse!!! Peggy's theme in my Mixed Media Madames group is "What do you see when you close your eyes?" Now...I see the inside of my eyelids for the most part. I'm not a vivid or lucid dreamer. When I first started this, I was thinking Fall colors and leaves. Trashed it. Then I was thinking birds and flight. Trashed it. Then I started something silly. Trashed it. I had a whole lot of nuthin' for a month!

Today my muse played nicely. I just put together the things that I love like the wings and eyes, with the colors that I know Peggy will love...her blues and greens. I'm a MUCH happier camper!



Hope ya like them, pegster!!!

10 comments:

Jodi said...

WOW! I'd say you found your muse, my friend! Lucky Peggy...! These are stunning pieces!

Joanne Huffman said...

You certainly resolved your dilemma beautifully. This is an intricate and richly dream like page - both front and back.

Joanne

artbeth67 said...

I'm sure she'll love them! I sure do! :)

Barbara said...

those are AWESOME!!! WOW WOW WOW!!! THEY GIVE MY HEART WINGS!!!

Janny said...

Wow, beautiful!

Jill said...

Hi Sandee! This spread for Peggy is really beautiful! I hope you are doing well.

peggy gatto said...

I received your beautiful art. I think it is one of your best pieces!!!!!!!
thanks!

Tamara C said...

These are truly stunning, sweet Sandee! I love all the texture and layers! Yummy!

I posted your tip-in pages on my blog. Not as stunning as this work, but I do hope you will like them. I'll mail them this Friday. So sorry they are soooo late! Love ya!!

christygrant said...

Sandee, I love your Zetti pieces because they have so much for color for one thing. I like this piece for Peggy, too. It's amazing. You put it together beautifully!

Kimberly's Mixed Media Art said...

Hi Sandee:
Love the work. You know I have always been a fan. I was wondering where you disappeared to. I hope all is well. Contact me sometime. Have a blessed holiday.
Kimberly
www.mosart1.blogspot.com