Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Journals, journals and more journals!

For whatever reason, Blogger wouldn't let me upload any pictures for about a week. It kept telling me it was aware of the problem and they were working on it. I was about ready to just toss my computer across the room because all my other Blogger buddies were able to upload. ARGH!!!!!!! I hate being at the mercy of cyberspace!

OK...I vented!

I have worked on 3 RR journals and wanted to share them with you. All three are for one Yahoo group that I belong to. For some reason, the mailing got all screwy but at least they're all safe! The first spread is for Bonnie. She turns 60 this year and wanted that number represented somewhere on her spread. Her color was sepia and her theme was Time Flies.



This spread is for Donna. Her color was blue and she didn't have a theme. I work so often with vintage images that I thought a change would be good for me. I like the way this came out...


This is for Martha. Her colors were whites, pastels and a hint of red. Her journal is an old children's dictionary. What a fun book to work in! The photo is of relatives of mine whom I never met. Unfortunately they perished in the Warsaw Ghetto uprising. I like using pictures of my relatives when I can; it makes me feel like they didn't die in vain.

5 comments:

Jill said...

Hi Girly! Love your journal pages. The blue one is so different and so cool!! I love the story behind the photo in your sepia/white spread. You do great work. :)

Aimeslee Winans said...

There are all so gorgeous. Love the yellow touches.

You always post just art here, and I'd love to get to know you more, so.....
YOU"VE BEEN TAGGED!
Here are the rules for it:
1. Link to the person that tagged you (that's me) and post these rules on your blog before you answer.
2. Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself (on your blog, we all want to know them).
3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs. (But don't tag me back).
4. Let each person know that they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Loveya, Sandee!

martha brown said...

I love that family pic Sandee-- it means a lot to me. My grandma's family moved here from Poland early in the century -- and changed their name and religion (Jewish to Catholic) to avoid any persecution. I guess that if they didn't, I may not be here today. I have no pictures -- and not even any stories. Because it was a secret, the children (my grandma) were't told....We are so lucky to live where we do now, but the photos and the stories help us remember how quickly it all could change.......

martha brown said...

You jinxed me! In all of my time blogging -- I have never had a problem uploading photos. I'm always wondering what everyone is talking about. Today, I can't upload. I'm blaming you. LOL. Now I'm going to have to work on report cards instead of procrastinating on my blog. Thanks a lot. (hahahaha)

Kate North said...

These are all really nice, but I particuarly like the last one with the touches of red and the photo of your relatives.